NYSRS Stands in Solidarity With The AAPI Community
The New York State Radiological Society (NYSRS) condemns acts of racism, misogyny and violence which are destructive to the communities that radiologists serve. Acts of hate against Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPIs) have been escalating in New York and across the nation.
NYSRS stands in solidarity with the AAPI community against all forms of racial discrimination and gender-based violence. The NYSRS continues to support its commitment to Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) and urges its members to consider taking action through the following means:
- Sharing this statement across your networks and raising awareness of anti-AAPI racism and violence.
- Identifying implicit biases and taking the time to learn more about the history of racial discrimination against the AAPI community.
- Implementing anti-racist education at all levels of training.
- Cultivating a culture of transparency, acknowledging any institutional history of racism.
- Creating safe spaces for patients, faculty, staff, and trainees to express threats they have received with zero tolerance policy for racism.
- Amplifying voices of BIPOC in personal and professional settings.
- Seeking bystander intervention training to interrupt and report hate incidents.